Welcome Parents & Clubbers to Spinning Road Baptist Church Awana Club! Thank you for enrolling your child in AWANA. We are excited you are here and have lots of fun and excitement planned for this club year! So whether you are joining us for the first time, staying in the same club as last year, or moving to a new club, you have an adventure waiting for you!!
Your clubber should bring the Awana Newsletter home the 1st Wednesday of each month.
If you’ve not yet enrolled your child in Awana, please take the time to do so. It is easy and convenient. Simply go to: www.spinningroadbaptist.org, click the Awana link, fill in the information and
submit the form.
WHAT DOES AWANA STAND FOR? AND WHERE DOES IT COME FROM?
AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed and comes from the Bible passage,
2 Timothy 2:15.
HERE ARE SOME REMINDERS AS WE START OFF THE 2017/2018 AWANA CLUB YEAR
- Awana is held Wednesdays, September through May, from 6:05 pm-7:30 pm.
- A dinner is offered at 5:30 pm for $2, each week no need to cook, come and dine with us!
- Check-in begins at 5:50pm and opening ceremony begins at 6:05 pm sharp for all clubbers and leaders.
- All Clubbers are required to have a signed medical release/permission form on file.
- Please provide an email address on your clubbers forms so you can receive email updates.
- Arrive on time to club, go to Church & Sunday school, wear their uniform & gym shoes, bring their Bible & Awana handbook, memorize their verses, and bring a friend (optional), Participate in all activities & theme nights.
- For safety, we require ALL clubbers wear gym shoes for game time, and please, no flip flops, sandals or open toe shoes.
- Each of the above earns clubbers awards for their uniforms and points for them to shop at the "Awana Store" with lots of fun prizes and gifts a few times during the year. Please help your child with these areas.
NICKLE & DIME NIGHTS
On the 2nd Wednesday of each month (Sept – April), we’re asking clubbers to bring in nickels and dimes to raise money to help support our local Awana Missionaries. We will present the monies raised to them in March 2018 when they visit our club. Shh, it’s a secret the Missionaries don’t know that we’re doing this for them; it will be a great surprise! Thank-you!
*Hint: Clubbers check under the recliner and couch cushions they tend to hide a lot of change.
A VERY HAPPY SEPTEMBER BIRTHDAY TO THESE MEMBERS OF OUR AWANA FAMILY
1 – Maddie, A, 9 – Joe, A
*If we missed one, please let us know.
AWANA EMAIL LIST
Thank you for providing an email address during Registration. We send emails to registered clubbers with important updates, cancellation notices, club events and information about what is coming up, so if you do not receive the emails, please let us know and add email@example.com to your email safe senders list.
CHRISTMAS PROGRAM REHEARSALS
If you are in K to 6th grade, we’d LOVE to invite you to be a part of our Children’s Christmas program this December. Rehearsals begin Sunday, October 1 and are held during the Children’s Church portion of the Sunday morning service.
Please remember if you do not have a church home, you are invited to join
us on Sunday’s at 9:15 for Sunday school and/or 10:30 for church services.
We would love for your family to join us!
September 6 ~ Club Starts, Welcome!
September 13 ~ Nickel & Dime night.
September 21 ~ Theme Night: Book night (Bring your favorite book to share)
Q: What did the mouse say to the other mouse when he tried to steal his cheese?
A: That’s nacho cheese.
Q: What has two legs but can’t walk?
A: A pair of pants.