Volume 5, Issue 1- Things you will want to know.
Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed – 2 Timothy 2:15
Hello Awana Family,
Happy New Year! How was your Christmas holiday? Welcome back to club! We hope you all had a Super Cool Christmas and New Year celebrations and are ready to get back to club and studying God’s Word! We are so excited to see what the Lord has in store for our club for the remainder of our club year! Let’s get fired up for 2018 and all the things we have planned! Let’s make it an awesome year!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS the Grand Prix is coming! The Awana Grand Prix race is coming up Wednesday March 21. We would love to have all our Clubbers participate in this year’s race. Car kits go on sale for $5 each in a few weeks at club (please purchase from Michelle during registration). The sooner you get them, the more time you have to design and build your Grand Prix racer.
*Puggles & Cubbies do not need to purchase car kits they will be racing special cars in their racing class.
**Parents can purchase a car kit to design a car to race against the other parents & leaders in the open category.
CLUB HELPFUL HINTS
What are points? Points are what clubbers earn and can use to buy AWESOME stuff at the Awana store
once a quarter.
How do I earn my “Awana Points?” Points are earned in the following ways.
Attending ~ club, Church, Sunday School,
Bringing ~ Bible, handbook, dues, a friend
Participating in ~ games, & theme nights
Wearing ~ my uniform & sneakers –
Passing ~ sections in my handbook and completing it.
TIPS FOR PARENTS
Parents you can help make scripture memory simple, easy and FUN!
Here are some suggestions:
- Make a fun tune or hand motions for the memory verses.
- Trace a verse in shaving cream.
- Say a verse in silly voices.
- Make flash cards, with verses on one side and Scripture references on the other. Lots of colorful markers and paper can make the task a breeze. Ask your child to draw a picture of what the verse means alongside the verse.
Looking for a way to connect to God, not sure regular church will fit? Then join us at Messy Church. Messy church is a time to have fun, to learn about god through crafts, games, singing, and stories and then have a meal together. Messy church is ideal for families, but is for anyone, whether you have never been to church before or have been many times. There’s no cost, no dress code and no age limit. We do ask that children be accompanied by an adult. Come check it out.
A VERY HAPPY JANUARY BIRTHDAY TO THESE MEMBERS OF OUR AWANA FAMILY:
5 – Annika K, 7 – Ben L, 8 – Mason T, 11 – Tina P, 16 – Irma N., 28 - Jasmine N.
*If we missed one, please let us know.
Sickness & Disease Policy
As the seasons change, kids tend to get sick. If your child exhibits any of the following symptoms, for both your child's comfort and the health of everyone, we ask that you keep them home if:
• Illness that prevents your child from comfortably participating in program activities.
• Runny nose with colored discharge (green or yellow) accompanied by a fever.
• Fever - a temperature greater than 100 degrees (without fever-reducing medication).
• Vomiting and/or diarrhea; symptom free for 24 hours.
• Any communicable disease.
• Sore Throat.
• Streptococcal pharyngitis (“strep throat”) until 24 hours after treatment has been initiated.
• Croup, excessive coughing, chest congestion or sneezing.
• Child hood diseases (chicken pox, mumps, etc.).
• Drainage or redness that could possibly be considered conjunctivitis (“pink eye”).
• Head lice or nits within the past 24 hours.
• Questionable Skin rash (that is contagious). Localized rashes such as prickly heat, eczema and diaper rash are not contagious.
Thanks to all who donated food to our pantry in the months of November & December? Because of your contributions, many families throughout the area were blessed because of your generosity.
WINTER CANCELLATION POLICY FOR WEDNESDAY NIGHTS
With winter here, should there be inclement weather on a club night, a decision about cancellation will be made by 3pm. Please call the office (937) 252-5311, check your email after 3 pm and/or check channel 2 or 7 for church cancellation notices to find out if we’re still having Awana and bible study. Please if you feel conditions are unsafe do not take any unnecessary chances. The safety of our clubbers and their families is our 1st priority!
Please remember if you do not have a church home you are more than welcome to worship with us on Sunday mornings! We have worship services at 10:30 am. Sunday school for all ages at 9:15 am and children’s church for preschool thru 5th grade during the 10:30 am service. A nursery is available during both hours. We hope you will join us!
UPCOMING JANUARY 2018 CLUB EVENTS
January 3 – Welcome Back! Club Begins for 2018.
January 10 – NICKELS & DIMES NIGHT.
January 17 – THEME NIGHT
Cubbies – FAVORITE COLOR NIGHT.
Sparks, TnT, Trek & Journey - LAYER NIGHT.
January 31 – SOUP-OR-BOWL NIGHT – clubbers bring cans of soup to help restock our Church
We look forward to spring and all it has to bring. We know that boots are a must right now in the snow and muddy days that are coming. We encourage you to send running shoes for your clubber so they are better able to play during game time.
FUNNY THOUGHTS TO PONDER
Why are there no 'B' batteries?
If God sneezes, what should you say?
Do they have the word "dictionary" in the dictionary?
Q: What’s bigger than an elephant, but doesn’t weigh anything?
Q: What do you call a shoe made from a banana? A: A slipper
Q: What do you give a sick lemon? A: Lemon-aid.