I would like to introduce myself. My name is Carol Boersma. I will be the new preschool administrator. Many returning families may recognize me from subbing this past school year. I also have a son who is returning for Pre-K this fall. We first came to Spin Kemp back in 2005. Our older two children are Spin Kemp Alumni. We left the area in 2011, when my husband received orders to Edwards, AFB. In 2019, we returned the Dayton area and were excited to enroll our youngest here at Spin Kemp. We fell in love with the Dayton area and have now made it our forever home.
I have a degree in Early Childhood Education that I earned at Trocaire College in Buffalo, NY. I worked at a few different style centers until our oldest was born in 2002. Once she arrived, I became a stay at home mom. In 2018, I started subbing again.
I am looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know your children.
Mrs. Bange has also decided to retire. She has been with Spin-Kemp for 17 years. My older children were in her class when they attended here. We are so thankful for all years she has been at Spin Kemp. She is an amazing educator and we are sad to see her go.
Lastly, Mrs. Johnson has decided to leave us as well. If you didn’t meet Mrs, Johnson, you have truly missed out. She always has a smile on her face and gives the best hugs. We will miss her.
We wish these ladies well and hope that they keep in touch.
Mrs. Misutka, Mrs, Nowak and Ms. Schroder will be returning to us this fall. We would like to welcome Mrs. Kidd to our school. She subbed for us last year and will be teaching the M-F middler class.
Ms.Schroder will continue on with the early beginners. Mrs. Mistuka will be working with the Middlers. Mrs. Nowak will be with one of the Pre-K classes.
As I write this, we are in the process of hiring a second PreK teacher for the MWF class. Our sub list has been depleted this year, so if any parents would be interested in subbing, please let me know.
Early Beginners 9:-9:30
If you are unable to make it, just let us know.
The zoom schedule will be:
Early Beginners 12-12:30
School supply fees are to be paid once school has begun.
Lastly, COVID is here, it’s everywhere. Our goal is to keep our kids safe. We will be taking every precaution to avoid the spread.
The COVID-19 pandemic is scary for adults and is hard for children to understand. We want to create an environment where you feel safe leaving your child and where your child feels safe. Based on ODJFS rules and recommendations, you and your child will see changes to our program. Some of those changes are outlined below. You can also find pandemic child care resources for families at: http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/CoronavirusAndChildcareForFamilies/.
In accordance with ODJFS regulations you will see:
- Smaller group sizes within your child’s classrooms space, as the number of children permitted to be in a group has been reduced.
- Handwashing requirements have increased for staff and children. Your child(ren) will be required to wash their hands upon arrival and prior to going home for the day.
- Temperatures will be taken prior to or at arrival. If your child has a fever of 100 degrees or higher, they will be isolated and sent home immediately. Your child cannot return to our program until they are fever free for 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medication.
- If a child \ has had known contact with someone confirmed or probable to have COVID19, they cannot return to care until complete isolation or quarantine procedures in coordination with our local health department.
- We will work with the local health department if we encounter any confirmed cases to ensure the safety of our children and staff.
In addition to the licensing requirements listed above, we have made the following changes to our procedures:
- Each class with have a separate pick up and drop off routine location.
- Temperatures will be taken by the teacher upon arrival.
- Sanitizing common spaces, including the playground, in between use
Again, if you have any questions. I can be reached at 937-256-7304 or the secretary at 937-252-5311. My email is email@example.com