Delight yourselves in the Lord and he will give you
the desires of your heart.
I want to start off by thanking you all for your patience as we had many days off in February between the weather issues and the heating at the preschool.
pring can’t come soon enough!!
A few things going on at the preschool this month:
- Students who plan to attend our preschool should have received a continuation form. In order to hold your spot for next fall, that form and a $40 deposit are due. Registration for the general public will begin on March 8. I have had a few emails and calls about our program, so please don’t hesitate.
- We have picture day coming. We are scheduled for our photos on March 15. Please see the forms that are being sent home.
- Scholastic book orders are due March 15.
- Rural King fundraiser is happening March 14th -27th. Rural King will donate 10% of your purchase back to the preschool. We did this over the summer and were given $100.00.
- St Patrick's Day, a few classes will be on leprechaun hunt in hopes to find treasure.
- On March 29th, the children will be hunting for Easter eggs. Please be on the lookout for details from your child's teachers.
- Also on March 29th, parents are invited to watch our Easter Bonnet Parade. This will be done just prior to dismissal. We ask that your arrive in our parking lot by 11:40. Each student will be creating their own bonnet to wear. The parade will be held outside starting at the glass doors and head toward the office. Cones will be marking off the area the children will be in. Once each class has paraded by they will head to their usual pick up spot. We ask that your maintain social distancing during this and please wear your masks.
Lastly, we’d like to say farewell to the Burns family as they head West. We have truly enjoyed getting to know your littles and wish you safe travels.
Carol Boersma, Preschool Director
Finnick 16th, Mrs. Nowak 23rd , Fran 24th
Mrs. Kidd's Early Beginners
For the month of March we will move on to the letter G and continue counting and recognizing colors. We will have our St. Patrick's Day party on Wednesday the 17th. I thought it would be fun for our class to wear green! I will send out information for our snack later.
The last week of March we have our easter egg hunt!
All month I will be collecting items for it. I would like each child to bring in 12 plastic eggs and a small bag of wrapped candy.
Thank you for all you do!
With love Mrs. Kidd
We made it through all the snow. We will continue with our learning with the letters S, T, & U, the number 7, and work with the color green.
On Wednesday, March 17 we will make a little St. Patrick’s Day snack that we have loved doing so much this year and we will capture a leprechaun.
With Easter this year being so early in April we will have an Easter Egg Hunt on Monday, March 29th. Can you believe it?
Thank you and God Bless,
Spring is on the way and I couldn’t be more excited! March will be filled with loads of fun for the kids. We will be exploring space, going on a leprechaun hunt for St Patrick’s Day and closing the month with an Easter Egg Hunt. Please keep an eye out on Class Dojo for more information on St Patrick’s Day and Easter celebrations.
Please continue emptying out your child’s folder and bag each day. You can see the incredible progress the kids are making with their worksheets. As the weather starts to dry out and warm up, I will be getting the kids outside as much as I can. Please make sure they have appropriate coats (and shoes!) for playing outside.
A sad and joyous event will be happening at the end of the month. Our friend, Neiko, will be moving to California as his dad moves forward with his Army training. As we all will miss the Burns family very much, I’d like to wish them luck with their future endeavors. It has been such a joy to have Neiko in class.
During March we will continue with our transport theme (although children have talked a lot about riding animals not vehicles so the focus might move that way and I do love child-led learning!!).
We will also be learning about Easter and have a small focus on St. Patrick’s Day.
In Math, we will learn numbers all the way up to 20 now, but I focus on individual children and what each child is up to, so if they are still needing more work on 1-10, that is where I will focus.
We will also be exploring what comes next, what comes before, which is more, 1 more, 1 less, which is bigger, etc., in floor games, as well as consolidating shape recognition.
In Literacy we will work on the letters R, U, Z and G and continue to build our Word Wall. Children get around 40 mins of free play when we start our day, and one activity I offer is simply paper, pencils, markers, scissors etc. I am enjoying seeing children choose to practice writing each other’s names, write words from around the room, and now writing, drawing and creating things to give to each other…so sweet. This has all been led by them and they really enjoy it. They will often ask for my help with something, but it is all their ideas, which I love.
We have prayer circle and / or read the Bible every day, and children enjoy this so much that they often ask if we can do more of it.
Just a reminder, we have Conferences Tuesday March 2. Please only enter the building a few minutes before your scheduled time as I will be trying to reduce exposure and allow for cleaning in between parents.
As always, please message me on Class Dojo with any questions or comments.