Parents Page - Sept. 2017
This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24
From your Administrator – Mia Lynch
I want to thank the parents who attended Open House and Orientation. I hope we answered most of your questions and provided you with an informative presentation of our program at Spin-Kemp. We know from time to time other questions might arise, please feel free to ask the Teachers or myself, one of us will have the answer. If for some reason you could not attend the meeting make sure to ask the Teacher for your child’s Spin-Kemp tote bag and any classroom packet they gave out.
It is important to read the Parent Handbook you received in your registration packet, check the Classroom bulletin board daily and skim the School bulletin board ( located on the wall by the Noah’s Ark Mural in the playroom) for special announcements or the monthly school calendar
A FEW POLICY REVIEWS
- School Hours – 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Morning door opens at 8:25 a.m. End of class door opens at 11:50 a.m. All students must to be out of the building by 12:00 p.m. Any student picked up after class is over will be charged a late fee, $5.00 first minute plus $1.00 for every minute after that.
- Childhood Illnesses: Call us when your child has been exposed to a communicable illness so we can notify the other families. Please let us know if your child will be absent for any reason.
- Authorized Drivers: If there is an emergency and the person you are sending for pickup is not on your list, please let us know. They must bring a drivers license and you must call. Please inform us if a particular person is not to have contact with your child. In custody related issues, we must have court issued paperwork to keep a biological parent from picking up your child, without legal papers we cannot refuse the pick-up this is the law
- Tuition: Payment is due on or before the 5th of each month, late fees occur after that date the late fee is $25.00 (policy passed by the school board) If the tuition has not been paid in one week after the 5th your child will be dropped from class.
- Parking Lot: Enter on Burkhardt Road and exit on Spinning. Please inform everyone on your pick-up list what the traffic flow is.
New Snack Policy this Year
Parents are asked to send a daily snack in their child’s tote bag. This is not lunch just a small snack item. Send what your child likes, such as: a couple of cookies, snack size bag of chips or popcorn, go-gurt, a fruit,
veggies and dip, snack crackers, etc. No drinks please we serve water as the drink.
Happy September Birthday
Avery J. 9/4
Logan M. 9/11
Ann C. 9/18
Evelyn M. 9/23
Kiera W. 9/24
Mrs. Wolodkiewicz 9/9
If your child is not listed, it is because some registrations were not in when this was written.
As a rule, the lead teacher in each classroom will have a letter for the school newsletter. Since this is the first month of school, the Staff thinks this pretty much says what all students will be experiencing in some form or other this month.
Dear Spin-Kemp Parents,
We trust you had a wonderful summer and ready to start a new year. September is such an exciting month for teachers and students with new beginnings, new surroundings, new friends and new challenges.
We are looking forward to many different things to enjoy not only in the classroom, but also in the world outside our door. This year your child will explore the world of learning and develop many new readiness skills such as:
God’s Love and greatness Communication skills
Following directions Working and playing together
Counting and numbers Recognition of letters
Shapes, colors, and sizes Hands on arts and crafts
Large and fine motor skills Self-help skills
Develop a broader understanding of the world around them
Please take time to watch and listen to your child each day to find out what they have learned. We are glad to have your child in Spin-Kemp. We are looking forward to a wonderful school year. If you have any questions throughout these nine months, please feel free to ask any of us or Mrs. Lynch. We want you to feel apart of the learning process.
This is a time for the students and teachers to become acquainted and the students to become familiar with the classroom rules. This is one of the reasons we limit community visitors the first month. The students will meet Pastor Scott. We have a group assembly once a month, he plays guitar and teaches the children Christian youth songs
The Preschool offers parents the opportunity to encourage literature through the Scholastic Book Clubs. Your participation is not mandatory we have found it sparks an excitement for reading. The order forms are sent home each month. You may order through the school (checks only)or place an order on line with our special code. The book are sent to the school and distributed by your child’s teacher.
Our goal each year is to offer parents the lowest tuition we can and still meet budget. Due to this effort, we have two fundraisers per year in the fall and spring. A few parents have ask why we always do the Elder Beerman Community Sales Books, two reasons: they don’t cost us anything so we get 100% profit and they have a $10.00 coupon on each booklet. You can apply it to a more costly item or use it for something that just costs $10.00. The staff, parents and I (yes, I do buy some ) have used them in past years to get some good deals on children’s clothes, household goods, and gifts etc. These fundraisers help us splurge on items we cannot afford to add to our budget. I hope you will try to sell as many booklets as you can our students and teachers deserve those little extras for their classrooms.
Parents who need Drop Off and Pick Up
We had half of the student body needing this service last year. It got confusing for the Staff, due to it changing from week to week. We had parents wanting drop-off this week but not the next week or vise versa. It has to be more consistent this year. If you choose morning drop-off than it has to be on a regular basis or afternoon pick-up. If you want both drop-off and pick-up please keep your choice consistent.
We will have student name and class tags for each car let us know how many you need. These tags are to be displayed on the dash board so we can read them while you are in line. The line forms at the traffic cone by the glass doors.