1. You wake up feeling rested, then realize your alarm
should have gone off an hour ago.
2. Your spouse is away on a two-day business trip that has
lasted all week.
3. None of the clean clothes you were able to find match.
4. Your teenager shaved . . . the left half of his head.
5. Your bills are due and your toddler hid the checkbook.
6. A strange fluid is dripping from your car.
7. You accidentally delete your quarterly report ten minutes
before meeting with your boss.
8. You’re in charge of games for the church youth night
9. Your dog is throwing up.
10. Your toilet’s overflowing, but at least you found the
Ten reasons you really should pray today:
(See list above.)
— “The Top Ten Reasons You Are Too Busy to Pray Today,” Marriage Partnership
I have found for myself, and I often find myself reminding others, that the times we feel least like praying are the times we need to pray the most. May the challenges of life drive you to your knees and find what God has to give to you during those times.
With love, Pastor Scott