II Corinthians 5:17
The man is to be the spiritual leader of his family.
The Philippian jailer did it by his own example.
1. Take a spiritual inventory. (30)
Ask yourself, “Where do I stand with God?”
2. Treat Others with Dignity. (33)
This is what opens the doors to spiritual leadership and causes others to be receptive to that leadership.
3. Practice Generosity. (34)
There is a connection between your attitude toward money and your ability to influence your family.
4. Practical Obedience. (33)
areas to start
a. attend church
b. make a public profession of your faith
c. set an example of prayer and Bible study
d. Serve with your family
Men who want to be responsible with this job need the help, support and encouragement of their wives.
If you are saved, then you are not accountable for your sins. (Romans 8:16; John 10:27; Romans 4:7)
When you apply to lordship of Christ to your life, that means you have to answer to Him for how you live your Christian life. (Romans 14:10; Luke 6:46)
1. Accountability is necessary for discipleship.
You can't be disciplines unless there is someone you accept discipline from.
I Peter 3:15
2. Accountability is necessary for belief in the Bible as God's Word.
II Timothy 3:16 useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, training in righteousness.
Vs, 17- “so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped.
3. Accountability is necessary for a covenant.
The covenant is only effective if there is accountability to keep the covenant.
We are not only accountable to God, we are accountable to one another.
Our accountability to one another is voluntary.
Accountability is a healthy, positive thing. (John 15:8)
1. The perfect law of the Lord converts the soul.
The only way to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ is through what has been revealed to us
in God's law. (I Thessalonians 2:13; I Peter 1:23-25; II Timothy 3:14-15)
2. The sure testimonies of the Lord make wise the simple.
The wisest question anyone could ask is: What must I do to be saved?
(I Corinthians 1:21)
3. The right statutes of the Lord are which rejoices the heart.
You will never be happier or more contented than if you follow in the pathway of the Lord and are obedient
to your Creator.
4. The pure commandments of the Lord enlighten the eyes.
God's commandments are the keys to freedom, cleansing and purity.
His commandments are not a burden; they are a treasure.
vs. 10- God's Word is more desired than gold.
“ “ “ sweeter than honey.
Pastor Scott Goodman