II Corinthians 12:7-10
Our possible thorns
1. illness in your life or a loved one
2. personal or spiritual problem
b. painful experience from you past
c. situation or circumstance
3. particular person
Possible reasons for your thorn
1. You've become proud of your own spirituality.
Our thorn makes us aware of who we are, in our weakness, and who God is, in His strength. (vs. 9)
2. Growth of your character and testimony.
There is never a testimony that comes through as strongly and clearly than when it comes from someone who is weak. (vs. 10)
What to do about your thorn
1. Do not blame God.
2. Pray about your thorn.
If your prayer life is strengthened because of your thorn, that in itself will be worth the pain.
3. Share your burden with the Body of Christ.