Sardis was virtually unassailable by enemies.
Description of Jesus
1. Holds seven spirits - reference to the Holy Spirit
2. Holds seven stars- 7 angels or messengers
A few who had not soiled their clothes
reputation of being alive
Dying churches offer nothing to a lost world.
The Church in Sardis was a perfect example of inoffensive Christianity.
1. Wake Up! - Keep watch for things which may lead us astray. (Matt. 24:50; 25:13, Mark 13:32-33)
2. Strengthen! - The life of a church is not its popularity, programs or personality, but in the person of Christ.
3. Remember! - the basics of the faith and practice them.
4. Obey! - what we know to be true
5. Repent! They needed a change of direction if they were going to survive.
1. will walk with Christ
2. will be dressed in white clothes
3. will never have their name removed from the Book of Life
4. will have their name acknowledged before God and His angels
The Church can never be spiritually strong unless the individuals within it are spiritually strong.