an awareness of something missing.
2. object of the thirst (“O God, You are my God”)
It is obvious that nothing material can satisfy our longing.
Many are drinking the wrong water.
3. cause of the thirst (“a dry and weary land where there is no water”)
If there appears to be no relief, your thirst becomes unbearable.
You must realize how desperate your situation is.
4. motive of the thirst (“I have beheld Your power and Your glory”)
Taking a drink is just a means to a further end.
Once you have tasted of the Living Water, you want more than just earthly things.
5. blessing of the thirst (“my soul will be satisfied”)
When you thirst for God, you grow accustomed to going to Him daily for what you need.
6. results of the thirst (“my soul clings to You”)
To be dependent on God is a great thing.
If we stand independently from God, we will not stand for long.