1. God uses the humble things of the world to confound the wise.
2. Christ's reign was one of peace and humility, not of power and might.
The use of the donkey
1. Palm Sunday- a capsulized version of the purpose for Christ coming to earth.
2. The donkey was a popular animal for riding.
Jesus promises to ease the journey for us if we ask Him to.
3. Donkeys were useful for bearing burdens.
I Peter 5:7 “ Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.”
4. Donkeys would be yoked together to pull the plows and also to trample the seed.
Our Christian lives need to be cultivated.
5. The donkey was an instrument of revelation. (Balaam)
What God wants to say to us, He said through Jesus.
6. The donkey was a source of judgment. (Samson)
Jesus is the One who will ultimately judge.