I John 4:7-12
Peace is love resting
Patience is love waiting
Kindness is love acting
Goodness is love being
Faithfulness is love proving
Gentleness is love touching
Self-control is love restraining
I John 3:17-18 Love is something you do.
I John 4:13-21 Love comes from God.
Ephesians 5:25 The only way to really love is to know God.
Kinds of love
- “eros” - sexual expression of love
- “phileo” - friendship kind of love
- “agape - God's special kind of love
1. The Holy Spirit reveals God's love and thus creates our love for God (Rom. 5:5-8)
2. The Holy Spirit encourages us to have an appropriate love for ourselves.
3. The Holy Spirit enables us to love others.
We need to be saved from our sins before we can love.
We need to be filled with the Spirit before we can love.
We need to invite Him into our lives before we can really love.