Forces that destroy our “mind to work”
1. Ridicule (2-3)
It is much more difficult to stand up to the opposition when you face more subtle attacks, like mockery and ridicule.
2. Physical violence (8)
Satan will resort to desperate measures to get believers off the track.
3. The debris of past defeats (10)
The rubble of the past can be spiritually and emotionally overwhelming.
How the Israelites overcame these obstacles
1. Remember the Lord and fight. (14)
Remember who we are serving and the power that is available to us.
2. They were aware of the threats against them. (11-12)
Being fruitful for His kingdom is worth the risks.
3. They prepared themselves for the battle. (17)
You can't neglect your armor or you leave yourself vulnerable.
4. The promise of the sound of the trumpet.(18-20)
On that day of final battle, Jesus our conquering King, will fight that battle for us.