1. not to drink wine
2. not to cut his hair
3. not to go near any dead body
4. not to eat anything that was unkosher
Samson was separated to God from his conception to his death.
reason: to begin the deliverance of Israel from the Philistines
The source of Samson's strength was his separation unto God.
Separation unto God
1. something that must be acknowledged and respected
2. Every Christian is a Nazarite, in a way.
“hagios” (saint) = separated one
3. Dependence on natural abilities leads to negligence of spiritual discipline, which in turn, removes the source of spiritual power.
If you are a Christian, God has separated you.