Psalms 22:1-8, 15-18
1. vs. 1- “Why have You forsaken Me.”
II Cor. 5:21- Jesus became sin.
Gal. 3:13- Christ was made a curse for us.
2. vs. 9-10 “behold thy son, behold thy mother”
He was not just Mary's son, He was also her Savior, and ours.
3. vs. 14-15 “I am thirsty”
Jesus poured Himself out for us.
4. vs. 22 “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Heb. 2:11-12 – He is not ashamed to call us His brothers.
5. vs. 24 “today, you will be with Me in paradise.”
When we cry out to the Lord for salvation, He hears us.
6. vs. 30-31 “it is finished”
This was not an admission of defeat, but actually a claim to victory.
7. the whole psalm- “into Your hands I commit My spirit”
Jesus never doubted for a moment the deliverance of God, and was obedient, even to the point of death.