I Peter 4:7-11
Ephesians 4:12- basic purpose of the church is to prepare God's people for works of service.
Every believer should consider himself a minister.
key word in our purpose statement- “reaching”
must be willing to move, to serve and to stretch.
How to find your place of ministry
- Plug into something the church is already doing.
- Start a ministry we are not currently doing.
Essentials for ministry
- (vs. 7) Vision, leadership and prayer
- (vs. 8) Ministry demands forgiveness.
- (vs. 9) Ministry is a privilege, not a benevolence.
- (vs. 10) Ministry requires the use of spiritual gifts
a. evaluate your abilities
b. evaluate your personality
c. evaluate your passion
d. evaluate your experiences
- (vs. 11) Ministry brings glory to God.