A person is faithful to something or someone because of what he believes about that something or someone.
Faithfulness as a fruit of the Holy Spirit
1. Faithfulness is not something that comes naturally.
It is a quality that the Holy Spirit must create, nurture, and develop within you.
2. Faithfulness is not something which can be taught by human means.
A mistake we often make is to judge ourselves in comparison to others.
Things that influence your faithfulness
1. The importance of the task to you (II Timothy 2:2; I Corinthians 4:1)
If the problem is with the task, then changes need to be made.
If the problem is not with the task, then you need to change.
2. Your knowledge of God's will
It is required of stewards to be found faithful.
3. Your awareness of His coming
Faithfulness hinges on what we believe about the truth of our resurrected Christ. (I Corinthians 15:58)