I Samuel 15:24-30
1. The Horrified Confession (Ex. 9:27)
When Pharaoh saw the storm had stopped, he sinned again.
A broken vow will harden your heart.
2. The Hypocritical Confession (Numbers 22:34)
Balaam did not mean what he was saying.
Admitting your sin and confessing your sin are really two different things.
3. The Half-hearted Confession (I Samuel 15:24)
Saul always seemed to have an excuse.
What is being taught is that there is no such thing as genuine moral responsibility.
4. The Hedged-in Confession (Joshua 7:20)
Achan waited until he was singled out and then confessed.
One day, even every demon will confess that Jesus is Lord
5. The Haunted Confession (Matthew 27:4)
Judas was crushed by remorse, but he never did repent.
6. The Healing Confession (Luke 15:21)
A confession marked by genuine sorrow.
He was broken over his sin and forsook his sin.