II Kings 22:1-2 23:1-3
Social and Moral changes-violence, religion, marriage
Rather than just having to roll with the tide, we can choose to be a change-maker in our corner of the world.
Josiah ruled the land more effectively and godly than anyone before him.
How to be a positive change-maker.
1. Accept your responsibilities to do the right thing.
Everybody has their own obstacles in accepting the responsibility to doing the right thing in life.
2. Behave accordingly.
Negative implications- there are things which should cease to occur in your life.
Josiah put a stop to evil and wicked actions.
Positive implications- Josiah repaired and restored the temple.
We need to give God the central and preeminent place He deserves.
The negative side is denial. The positive side is dedication.
3. Claim your great resources.
As long as the Word of God was hidden, the nation went from bad to worse.
The one source of authority which can never be shaken is the Word of God.
Changes you can make today
1. the change eternally-being born again
2. the change externally- to be a member of this church
3. the change internally- to make a fresh commitment