1. The Great Revelation (11)
the grace of God has appeared (Colossians 1:25)
2. The Great Obligation (12)
a. even though cleansed, we are still exposed to evil
b. alternatives to worldly passions
- “sophranos” - use your head!
- “upright” - right and wrong are not defined by culture, background or opinion, but by the
commandments of God and the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- “godly” - depends on where your respect lies.
3. The Great Inspiration (13)
What greater motivation could there be than to know that Jesus is returning?
4. The Great Salvation (14)
He bought us, so we could once again be His possession.
Christians are a “peculiar” people.
Since we have been redeemed, our lives should be different.
Believers need to know these things, so we can teach, encourage, and rebuke with all authority. (15)