Hypocrites leverage people into religion and out of that personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Using people in the name of God. (15)
Hypocrites hurt people, they don't help them.
3. Squirming out of promises you don't want to keep (16-22)
It doesn't matter how good your intentions are if you can't follow through and keep your word.
4. Making a big deal of little things and ignoring things of critical importance. (23-24)
It's not the amount you put in, it's the condition of your heart as you put it in.
5. Exhibiting laziness in all matters of the heart. (25-26)
Your obsession with how things look on the outside is going to come back to bite you!
6. Looking good to others, no matter what the cost. (27-28)
Jesus points out the irony of sprucing up the outer appearance of your life, when all the while, inside your heart, there is wickedness and malice and hatred.
7. Pretending to be better than others, no matter what the evidence. (29-36)
Failing to identify your actions as sin and trying to pretend you are something you are not is indeed hypocrisy.