Common misconceptions of worship
1. Worship always takes place in church.
Worship is enjoying the presence of God.
2. Worship has to be an outward expression.
We worship differently.
3. The people on the platform are the focus.
We need to take the premium off performance and put it on praise.
4. The people in the pews are the audience.
The people on the platform are the directors and prompters.
You are the performers. God is the audience.
What is true about worship
1. Worship is always active, never passive.
It is not something done to us, or for us, but by us.
2. Worship is a central activity of the Church.
3. Worship is the source of spiritual renewal.
4. Worship is the greatest investment we can make.(Heb. 13:15)
5. Worship brings healing to the soul.
6. Public worship is either enhanced or hindered by our private worship.
7. Worship is liberated by the study of Scripture.