1. Contentment is a learned thing.
Learning involves discipline, patience, development, trial and error.
2. Paul learned to be content.
God never guarantees happiness.
Contentment is the internal state of mind of being detached from the anxiety and worry over
the externals of life.
It means accepting the way things are.
3. Paul learned to be content in whatever circumstances.
thermometer- registers the temperature
thermostat- regulates the surroundings
4. The secret to being content is …........Jesus!
Anything that would cause you to be discontent has to do with your present circumstances, or issues
remaining from your past, or worry about the future.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
5. “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.”
“Whatever my lot,” (whatever the circumstances)
“Thou hast taught me to say” (I have learned)
“It is well, it is well with my soul” (the secret of being content)