Peter's process from fisherman to fisher of men
1. Luke 5- Jesus is the source of all knowledge.
the concept struck fear in Peter's heart.
2. Matthew 17:24-27- Jesus is the source of all wealth.
Everything we need will be provided for us if we simply trust in Him and obey what He tells us to do.
3. Matthew 8:23-27- Jesus is the source of all nature.
Nothing happens that He cannot control or work within His will.
4. Matthew 14:22-33- Jesus is the source of all power.
Peter learned that when he doubted, the power was lost.
5. John 21:3-13- Jesus is the source of all forgiveness.
Peter had to accept His forgiveness and listen to His challenge.
Ingredients to tempering the fire
1. Restraint- of mouth(Matthew 16:23)
- of deed (Matthew 26:52)
2. Humility (I Peter 3:8-11, 5:6)
3. Grace (Matthew 18:21)
4. Acceptance (Galatians 2:11-14)
5. Love (John 21:15-19)