The Exodus event
1. God made the promise of deliverance from bondage through a chosen deliverer.
2. There was a revelation of human need because of sin, through the plague of death.
3. There was the provision of a sacrifice for the salvation of the people of faith, through the blood of the lamb.
4. There was the entrance into a covenant between God and His people through the giving of the law.
5. There was the anticipation of the Promised Land, prepared for God's people to dwell.
The Christ event
1. The bondage is not to Egypt, it is to sin.
The deliverer is not Moses, it is Jesus.
2. The plague is not on the firstborn, but the wages of all sin, which is death for all.
3. It is not the blood placed on the doorposts, but the blood of the very Lamb of God.
4. The new covenant is not through the keeping of the law, but on a relationship with the Living God based solely on His grace.
5. It is not the land of Israel, but a place prepared for us to dwell eternally in communion and fellowship with God.
Everything we do is to relate the Christ event to the events of everyday life.
Every time we worship, we acknowledge and re-live the events that took place on those special days.
Mary was acknowledging the event of the imminent death of Jesus.
Communion “proclaims His death until He comes.”