Negative responses to Jesus
1. The multitudes- they rejected Him. (Luke 23)
When people respond to Jesus by rejecting Him, Jesus is crucified over and over again.
2. Pilate – tried to evade Him.
Every person is either lost or saved.
The criteria for that is whether you have received Jesus.
The one who judges that is Jesus. (John 5:22, 27; Acts 10:42)
3.Peter -denied Him, or Judas - betrayed Him.
Every time we fail to take a stand for Jesus and His righteousness, we deny Him or betray Him.
4. religious leaders – always wanted to question Him.
When you question Jesus in doubt, that response will get you nowhere.
Positive responses to Jesus.
1. hemorrhaging woman- Jesus knows the one who reaches out to Him in faith.
2. men on the road to Emmaus
a. they were searching.
b. they allowed Jesus to walk with them.
c. They invited Jesus to stay with them.
3. sinful woman – totally genuine response of worship
Will you think of your contributions as anointing Jesus?
What will you do with Jesus?