Psalms 62:1-2, 5-8
1. Spiritual rest is a vacation to God.
The presence of God is always enough.
Resting in the Lord means simply relaxing in God's presence.
2. “Be Still” means to stop struggling.
Stop doing what it is that wears you down.
3. Rest in the Lord is something that you must schedule.
If something is important to you, you will fit it into your schedule.
4. When you have the discipline to rest, you will be invigorated to work.
5. The only way to truly rest in the Lord is to first complete our spiritual work.
Your spiritual work is trusting God. (Psalm 37)
6. Resting in the Lord is about Him, not you.
Trust Him with your life and you can enter into the rest that is a part of the balance of creation itself.