1. The people gave in response to the initiative of God. (35:4)
God doesn't need your money. He does want you to participate in His work
2. God used their “stuff” to build His tabernacle.
God wants to use you to build His House, for your sake, not His.
3. Everyone had something to contribute.
We do not choose what God gives to us, but we can choose how we use what He has given us.
4. You cannot give what you do not have.
You are responsible to be faithful in the season He has you in.
5. They gave in response to grace. (32:12)
Anything we give is only a portion of what He has allowed us to have.
6. Giving was both willing and Spirit-prompted.
(35:5, 21, 22, 29)
The Spirit leads you as you are planning out your time and making out your budget.
7. They gave publicly.
Giving is a part of worship, not something we take time out of our worship service to do.
8. They had to hold a congregational meeting to tell them
to stop giving.