1. The trial is actually a re-trial.
We have been tried already and have been condemned to die. (John 3:17-18)
2. There can only be a re-trial when there has been a conviction. (John 16:8-11)
in regard to sin, righteousness and judgment.
3. God is our judge. (James 4:12; Hebrews 12:23)
The judge who could be your worst nightmare can become your best friend.
4. Christians are part of the jury. (I Corinthians 6:2; Matthew 19:28)
We have to identify right from wrong. Both sides are presenting evidence. We have to discern.
5. Our prosecutor is Satan himself. (Revelation 12:10)
The Hebrew word for Satan literally means “accuser.”
6. Our defense lawyer is Jesus Christ. (I John 2:1)
All the evidence that is needed by the defense is His own blood. (Revelation 12:11)
7. The only possible alibi that you and I can have for our sin is faith in Jesus Christ and His work for us on the cross. (Romans 3:21-28)