It took courage for this young man to show reverence to Jesus.
The man was making an assumption that the kingdom of heaven had something to do with goodness.
The most important question- “what am I still lacking?”
Jesus loved him enough to challenge him.
It is hard when you place your trust in anything but God to enter the kingdom of heaven.
Possible interpretations of the camel and the needle
- really is the word for “rope”
- nickname given to a small gate
- hyperbole- outrageous exaggeration
- to take Jesus seriously
- we must be willing to forfeit all of our material possessions.
- We are incapable of fulfilling the totality of God's law.
- We must move forward in the area of financial responsibility.