1. Every Christian is given a spiritual gift or gifts at the discretion of the Holy Spirit. (I Peter 4:10)
2. The gifts of the Spirit are to be distinguished from the fruit of the Spirit.
3. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are to be distinguished from natural talents.
4. The purpose of the gifts of the Holy Spirit are for the glorification of God and the edification of the Body of Christ.
5. If you don't feel you have a particular gift, that doesn't excuse you from that area of service.
6. If you feel that you do have a particular gift, it is up to you to practice the gift.
Spiritual gifts from Romans 12
1. prophet- ability to preach God's Word, to proclaim His truth in a variety of ways
2. serving- ability to spot unmet needs and be drawn to do something about them
3. teaching- ability to communicate the truth and knowledge of God's Word in a way where people learn and
grow and apply it to life.
4. encouraging- ability to minister to people by speaking
5.giving- ability to share what you have toward the work of the Lord
6. leadership- ability to take the brunt of responsibility and take charge of a certain task or goal
7. mercy- ability to feel genuine concern and compassion for individuals.