If you seek happiness rather than joy, one of two things will happen:
- You will try to escape the realities of life.
- You will make happiness the purpose for your existence.
It is the process of developing your relationship with Jesus that brings joy to your life, not whether or not good things happen to you.
1. Joy comes in obeying God's commandments. (John 13:17)
2. Joy comes in knowing God's assurance. (I Peter 1:8)
3. There is joy in experiencing God's forgiveness. (Psalm 32:1)
4. There is joy in knowing the comfort of God. (John 14:18)
5. There is joy in knowing you are growing in the Lord. (James 1:2)
6. There is joy in Christian fellowship. (I John 1:3-4)
7. There is joy in Christian service. (Acts 20:35)