1. Jesus viewed her with total acceptance. (7)
Her response was that of suspicion.
Most of us respond with suspicion to His claim that He loves and accepts us as we are.
2. Jesus made it clear that what He really wants to do is give, not take. (10)
Her response- skepticism.
We learn early to be quite cynical.
3. Jesus gave her a specific promises. (13)
Her response- His offer was something that appealed to her.
Anyone who seriously looks at the promises of God has to admit that the benefits of receiving His gift of life are wonderful.
4. Jesus moved to the consideration of her life. (16)
Her response- she admitted that all was not right with her life.
We have to recognize our own sinfulness.
5. Jesus confronted her with the things she thought were hidden and secret. (18)
Her response- the beginning of a confession of faith, but there were still barriers.
One day, all the barriers will be torn down.
6. Jesus brought her to a place where she had to make a decision. (21-26)
Her response- faith, joy, unashamed commitment.
No matter where you are in the process, Jesus has the answer.