Obedience and respect for parents cannot be a forced thing.
You can teach children the concept of respect and submission to authority.
Ephesians 6 – to lay the full burden of this commandment solely upon children is to miss something crucial.
How do we honor our parents?
1. younger children – if you cross this line, then you've gone too far.
2. older children – obeying even when you don't have to.
3. adult children – showing respect is the key.
1. Don't let the mistakes of your parents ruin your life.
2. Do not make idols of your parents.
The healthiest family creates the environment where children are safe, secure and dependent, but grow up to be a able to leave home.