II Corinthians 8:7-9
By choice, Jesus became one of those people we regard as pathetic misfits.
Philippians 2:6 – He did not consider equality with God something to be grasped.”
As Jesus became an adult and began His ministry, He continued His needy lifestyle.
Jesus became needy, so we wouldn't have to be.
1. He had no home, so we could have an eternal home. (I Peter 1:3-5)
2. He had no money, so we could have all spiritual blessing. (Ephesians 1:3)
3. He had no comforter, so that we might have THE Comforter. (John 14:16)
4. He was made sin so that we might have righteousness. (II Corinthians 5:21)
5. He sacrificed for us so that we would love Him and draw close to Him.