1. Sometimes it is long and difficult.
Two words from Paul: Press on!
The call of the Christian life is to follow the Leader. (II Corinthians 5:7)
2. The more baggage you take, the harder it is to climb.
3. You need to have a sufficient food supply.
Don't wait until there is trouble in your life to start thinking about getting spiritual food.
4. Do not go alone. (I Thessalonians 5:11)
No matter how strong you are, it is not wise to go it alone.
5. Look behind you see how far you've come.
Identify what God has done.
State the ways you've grown and the things you have learned. (Psalm 105:5)
6. Stay on the alert. (I Corinthians 10:12)
Our enemy is trying to make us fall.
7. Stop along the way. (Psalm 16:11)