1. haughty eyes
Pride is what keeps us away from God. (Is. 14:13-14; Prov. 21:4, Ps. 131:1-2)
2. a lying tongue ((Jn.8:44; 14:6; Titus 1:2; Heb. 6:18)
To lie is to respond to a situation in a way other than God's way.
Lying is something that happens in this short, temporary existence. (Prov. 12:19; 21:6)
3. hands that shed innocent blood
The difference is found in the attitude and motivations of those doing the killing.
4. a heart that devises wicked schemes
One sin is not worse than another, but one heart can be more corrupt than another. (James 1:14)
5. feet that are quick to rush into evil
God hates deliberate rebellion, when we purposefully choose evil over good.
6. a false witness who pours out lies
A witness is someone whose sole purpose is to tell the truth. (John 8:14-18)
7. a man who stirs up dissension among his brothers.
Dissension in a church is one of the most devastating things that can happen.
We want to do what is pleasing to God.