Isaiah's call is like our call
1. The call of God is a spiritual experience. (1)
a. God revealed Himself to Isaiah in a way he could envision and understand.
b. Being a Christian means you've had a spiritual encounter with God.
2. The call of God is a humbling experience. (3-5)
a. Isaiah was stricken with an awareness of his own sinfulness.
b. It is Christ in us that fulfills God's purposes and not we ourselves.
3. The call of God is linked with the salvation experience. (6-7)
a. God declared Isaiah to be guilt free because of his contrite heart.
b. God takes the initiative in forgiveness.
4. The call of God is a decisive experience. (8)
a. There was a moment of decision for Isaiah
b. The call of God involves a personal acceptance of his call.
5. The call of God requires a dedicated experience. (9-11)
a. Isaiah was told to preach God's word to the people, even though they would not listen.
b. We are called to be faithful, knowing full well that most people will reject what we are offering.
6. The call of God is always a hopeful experience. (13)
There will always be a remnant of faithful believers.